Oracle Field Service Cloud is a cloud-based field service management solution that helps businesses schedule, route, and equip mobile workers to complete service activities at a customer's home, office, or installed asset location.
Oracle Field Service Cloud events are notifications that are generated when there is a change in the application, such as an activity being created, completed, or updated. Events can be used to track the progress of service requests, to notify customers of changes in their service status, and to trigger automated workflows.
There are a variety of events that can be generated in Oracle Field Service Cloud, including:
- Activity events: These events are generated when there is a change in the status of an activity, such as when an activity is created, completed, or updated.
- User events: These events are generated when a user performs an action in the application, such as when a user logs in or out, or when a user creates or updates a record.
- Device events: These events are generated when a device is used in the application, such as when a device is connected to the application, or when a device is disconnected from the application.
- System events: These events are generated when there is a change in the system, such as when the system is started or stopped, or when the system is updated.
Events can be subscribed to using the Oracle Field Service Cloud REST API. When an event is subscribed to, the application will send a notification to the subscriber when the event occurs. Notifications can be sent in a variety of ways, including email, SMS, or push notification.
In this blog I have created a high level process flow where OIC has subscribe to 4 OFS events
- Activity/Call Creation
- Activity/Call Moved
- Activity/Call Completed
- Activity/Call Travel Started
As per business Need
- As Soon as OIC Invoke OFS APIs and created a Activity/Call in OFS , there is need to send the call details back to Source system
- As soon as OFS Routing Engine or some one Manually move the call between technicians/Tech to Branch office or Branch office there is need to update the details in Source system about where the call is
- As soon as call is completed in OFS there is need to extract all the details/operations that are associated with call and send that back to source system
- As soon as Tech. pick the call and started Travel , there is need to send tech Start time to Sourec system.
Post a Comment