For example –
- Cascade operations on 100+ lines
- Cascade operations on a model with 100+ options/class, with show lines = yes
- In continuation of the point # 2 , let’s consider a case where we have a sales order with 5+ model and each model has 100-200 option/class and we need to perform cascade operations, also show lines = yes
Profile option - OM: Sales Order Form: Refresh Method (Query Coordination)
Internal Name - OM_UI_REFRESH_METHOD
This profile option determines whether the screen is refreshed after every save. There are four options available:
- Automatic Refresh with Repositioning of Cursor: When the profile is set to this option then screen is refreshed and also the cursor is repositioned to the original line from which the save operation was performed.
- Automatic Refresh without Repositioning of Cursor: When the profile is set to this option then screen is refreshed and the cursor is always positioned on the first line.
- Manual: With this option, users have to explicitly re-query to see the latest changes. Users are also not prompted with a message.
- Askme: A dialog box is prompted for the users to decide whether they want to refresh the screen to see the new data. If the user selects yes, then the screen is refreshed. If the user selects No then screen is not refreshed.
• Automatic Refresh with Repositioning of Cursor
• Automatic Refresh without Repositioning of Cursor
In such scenario cascade operation will be very time consuming , as cursor will move from line to line till it reach the last line ( as show lines = yes) and then system will reposition to Original record or First record.
On the Other hand other 2 option will not refresh the UI immediately after the cascade operations and also cursor position will remain same and total time consume by cascade operation will be very very less as compared if we choose other 2 options.
For more details feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org