Integration of Coupa and Oracle Payables Fusion Cloud via Oracle Integration Cloud(OIC)_
With Coupa Standard Files - Files can be generated based on Object Specific Scheduled Job within Coupa and accordingly files are sent to Customer’s sFTP folder for further use. Once Files are available in SFTP sites , Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) Jobs will then read the files from SFTP server and process the files.
Data Extraction and Transformation: Oracle Integration Cloud
- Will establish a secure SFTP connection with SFTP site and read the Coupa file.
- If applicable write additional logic to Process the files , Validation data from Coupa files. In our scenario we have additional validation requirements and we have leverage ADW database to write additional validations APIs and called those APIs from OIC.
- Transform the files and Map Coupa elements with Oracle Payable Invoice elements (Depends on if we are calling REST APIs or FBDI load).
- Call Oracle Payable Fusion REST APIs to load data in Oracle Fusion or call FBDI interface to process the data from Coupa file. We usually recommend FBDI interface
- Sends acknowledgment messages back to Coupa, confirming the successful creation of invoices in Oracle Payables Fusion Cloud.Bidirectional synchronization ensures that updates made in either Coupa or Oracle Payables Fusion Cloud are reflected in both systems.This includes updates to invoice status, payment information, and any relevant changes to purchase orders.
- Handle errors
- Raise Alert and send notification
- Either print those errors in some log file or write in a database ( in case customer has database in cloud or On-Premise ) .
- Stop the integration or continue the integration and flag error record.