eAM Integration with Oracle Install base is another new feature of R12.
With Integration with Install base (IB) , IB can now track the eAM assets as well as store the eAM asset transactions.
Key Setup Required to track eAM assets in IB
- Installed Base Trackable Flag ( Service Tab in Item master UI)
- Transactable Flag for the Asset Group ( Inventory tab in Item master UI)
- Note – Once set this flag is not Updatable if you have On hand quantity for the asset and transaction exists for the asset.
Translatable Flag - This flag is mandatory if you want to track the eAM Asset Transaction details in IB.
Sample Test Case
- Create Asset Group in Oracle Inventory ( Master Org).
- Check the “Track in Install base” Check box Inder Service tab.
- Create Asset
- Once Asset got created in eAM , system will create record in IB too with Status = Created
- Update the Asset in eAM , system will insert another record in IB
- Go to Asset group again and check the transactable flag under Inventory tab.
- With transact able flag check on asset group , all the asset of the Asset group now will be transactable.
- also with transactable flag check for asset group all the Inventory transaction for the Assets ( for the Asset group) now will be trackable in IB. Following transactions will be trackable for asset numbers in IB
a. Miscellaneous Receipts
b. - Miscellaneous Issues
c. - Subinventory Transfers
d. - Inter-Org Transfers
For Example – Perform Misc receipt for any asset Number ( with IB trackable = Y and Transactable = Y) , a record will be cerated in IB for INV transaction .
goods and very nice asset trackingReplyDelete