This is short post about AME Architecture, for additional information feel free to leave comments and will more than happy to answer your question
AME Architecture –
Overview about the architecture of AME
- Calling application send a request (to get list of approver) to the AME by means of sending Runtime data of transaction to AME API. e,g PO data to AME API
- AME execution Engine process the data.
- AME engine evaluate rules for that transaction types (rules are define in AME schema for a transaction type).A transaction may have more than 1 rule associated with it.
- AME evaluate each rule depend on the conditions/attributes.
- Rules then execute action Type.
- AME then return calling application list of approvers(Sorted based on Setup in AME).
- (Please note when we call AME, it generate list of approvers, Identify next approver, check the status history to check if people has already approved or Not).
- Calling application receive response from AME and then send Notification to Approvers.
- PLUS calling application update the status of the Approver in AME by means of calling a AME API ( Updatestatus API).
- AME is done when approves is complete