Oracle Integration cloud E-Business Suite Adapter to connect to EBS
Oracle Integration cloud uses Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter to connect to EBS -
The Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter is one of many predefined adapters included with Oracle Integration Cloud Service allowing you to securely connect and use Oracle E-Business Suite
services in integrations in Oracle Integration Cloud Service. It not only provides the connectivity between Oracle E-Business Suite and other cloud-based applications, but also
significantly simplifies the complexity of typical integration experiences.
There are other way to connect, but using ebs adapter and ISG means we have lot less to write ( I mean custom code), and we can use lot of code that exits in EBS , and as stated in documentations use of E-Business Suite Adapter really simplifies integration. ( as shown below)
The supported interface types for integrations in Oracle Integration Cloud Service through the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter are
- PL/SQL API
- Concurrent Program
- Business Event
- XML Gateway Message
Other advantages are
All public Oracle E-Business Suite APIs across Oracle E-Business Suite modules that are registered in the Integration Repository and that are deployed as REST services are available for outbound integrations from Oracle Integration Cloud. These public interfaces are available when adding the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter as an invoke (target) connection in an integration.
- PL/SQL APIs
- Concurrent Programs
- Open Interface Tables and Views
When adding the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter as a trigger (source) connection in an integration, the following interfaces registered in the Integration Repository are available for inbound integrations in Oracle Integration Cloud:
- Business Events
- XML Gateway Messages
1.Installing Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway, Release 12.1.3 (Doc ID 556540.1)
2.Once E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway is installed , we need to refer 1998019.1 to enable the REST service features.
Once we have E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway is Installed below steps are required .
1.Configure Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway REST services.
2.Configure access to Oracle E-Business Suite services.( DMZ/Non DMZ)
3.Deploy the required REST services in Oracle E-Business Suite.
4.Grant the required user privileges.
Additional Information -
- E-Business Suite Adapter currently supports REST-based web services only and SOAP interface are not supported.
- Another important thing is, Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter in Oracle Integration Cloud uses REST services provided by Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway (ISG).
- ISG does not depend or require Oracle SOA Suite for REST services.
- Note that ISG depends on Oracle SOA Suite only for SOAP services , and that is supported in EBS 12.2 and not 12.1.3.
- Lastly, Unlike EBS SOAP Services, REST Services are deployed in EBS’s OAFM Managed Server. These REST Services do not depend on external Fusion Middleware components like Oracle SOA Suite. ( Even in Our Internal environment 12.2 we have REST Services enabled with out SOA Suite)
- Integrated SOA Gateway (ISG) provides two flavors of web services - SOAP and REST. The use of web services provided by ISG in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1.3 does not require additional license.