- Suppliers are defined as TCA Parties
- The supplier, supplier site and supplier contacts tables are obsolete and replaced with views that join information from the old tables with information in TCA
- Country and address line1 required; derived based on OU if null
- Country and address information is required for parties in the TCA datamodel, so if there is no country and/or address line 1 specified for a supplier site, Oracle Payables derives the country based on the most frequently used Operating Unit of the supplier’s historical transactions. The country information is used by E-Business Tax when you elect to calculate tax based on ship-from or bill-from location criteria. Please confirm your setup of parties before you elect to use this E-Business Tax feature.
- One party site for each distinct supplier site address
- Employee suppliers: employee address NOT migrated to party site in TCA; remains in Oracle HR for data security reasons.
- Employee suppliers: Employees defined in Oracle Human Resources and associated with an Oracle Payables supplier record have existing party information. During the upgrade, Oracle Payables updates the existing party information to have a party usage of “supplier”. Oracle Payables does not migrate the employee address to the party site in TCA, they remain in Oracle Human Resources for data security reasons.
- TCA Party relationships for franchise or subsidiary and its parent company
- In Release 11i, you could record the relationship between a franchise or subsidiary and its parent company by recording a value for the Parent Supplier field in the Suppliers window. During the Release 12 upgrade, this information is migrated into the party relationships model of TCA
Search 800 + Posts
Oct 19, 2013
Supplier defined in TCA (R12i)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment